redSHOP Configuration - Overview - START HERE!
redSHOP is a powerful and robust system, and as such, has many configuration options to choose from. Many defaults have been set according to frequently used options, however, you will most likely want to set your own preferences for your shop.
redSHOP Configuration can be accessed by logging in to Joomla and going to the Components -> redSHOP link, and then clicking on the Configuration button:Once you access the Configuration screen you will have 13 tabs for settings, and a 14th tab that will present configuration and server information:
We've written and article to go over each tab in the configuration. The following list will give you a quick overview and link to each article for more in depth reading. Each of the provided links will open a new tab in your browser, keeping this page open for reference.
- General - here you will find general settings for your store, such as country, date format, admin email and more, as well as general layout settings, and module and built in feature settings.
- User- This section covers more configuration settings regarding how the store handles customer account registrations and the messages that should be displayed to customers when they're logged in. There are also additional controls regarding shopper groups, and in particular if the store should be set up as a "portal shop". The controls are grouped together into two sections: "Registration" and "Shopper Groups".
- Categories - In this section the global configuration for Categories in redSHOP is set. The section contains the "Main Category Settings", "Category Suffixes", "Next/Previous", "Template", "Image Settings" and "Default Images".
- Manufacturers - This section covers the settings in the "Manufacturers" tab of redSHOP configuration. It contains the sections Manufacturers Settings, Manufacturer Template and Image Settings.
- Products - This section outlines the global configuration settings in redSHOP for Product display and management. It is comprised of "Unit Settings", "Download", "Wrapping Management", "Catalog Mangement", "Samples", "Product Template", "Accessory Products" and "Related Products Settings".
- Feature Settings - The "Feature Settings" tab of redSHOP configuration includes the settings for the display of"Ratings", "Comparison" and "Stockroom".
- Price - This section covers more configuration settings regarding configuring price-related details, including the main currency displayed, tax-related and country-dependent details, as well as any types of discounts the shop administrator wishes to offer their customers. The controls are grouped together into four sections: "Price", "VAT / Tax", "Discounts" and "Discount Mail".
- Cart/Checkout - This section covers configuration settings concerning the shopping cart experience, the checkout process, and the way the store handles "stock". These include enabling support for Containers and Stockrooms, setting how orders affect stock levels (if this feature is used), enabling support for Quotations, and toggling the need for Shipping Methods (not necessary for stores selling purely digital content), among others.
- Orders - This section contains the settings for order and invoice emails that are sent to customers and administrators when orders are placed or status changes.
- Newsletter - This section is for configuring the built in communications / newsletters provided by redSHOP.
- Integration - This section covers configuration settings for services that redSHOP has native integration support for. These include analytics (Google Analytics), SMS notifications (Clickatell), shipping (Post Danmark) and accounting (e-conomic). The controls are grouped together into four sections accordingly: "Google Analytics", "Clickatell", and "e-conomic". (Note that while these are being offered at present, more planned integrations will appear in this section as redSHOP develops over time.)
- SEO - This section covers configuration settings regarding the handling of search-engine friendly URLs (SEF) for all links related to redSHOP and its product catalog. These include specifying the details that appear in generated SEF URLs, the auto-generation of metadata for pages which have not specified metadata, and the "templates" that are used (assisted by tags) to generate default metadata for categories, products and manufacturers. The controls are grouped together into four sections: "General", "Categories", "Products", and "Manufacturers".
- Dashboard - This section covers configuration settings for additional links and statistic reports that are available for display in redSHOP's Main Menu. These include enabling and displaying shortcut links in the Main Menu's right-hand "Quick Links" panel, as well as enabling and displaying "at-a-glance" statistics for the latest customers and orders placed within the span of the last month.
- About - This last section offers the shop administrator an information panel covering basic system / server configuration details as well as any redSHOP extensions installed and whether they're enabled or not. The information is categorized into four sections: "System Information", "redSHOP Modules", "redSHOP Shipping Plugins" and "redSHOP Payment Plugins".