Events are containers for Sessions. They create the structure for individual sessions.
Events require sessions to set the actual dates and times. A simple calendar may be created by putting a single session in each event.
Read on to learn more about events.
Required fields on the Info Tab, which are the only required fields for an event, are:
- Event Title- Name of the event.
- Category- Assigns the event to a category
- Template- Assigns the event template
Optional Fields are:
- Alias - SEF URL slug, automatically generated from the Title by saving the event but a custom alias may be entered here.
- Event Code - For internal use, similar to a SKU for retail items, this optional field is any designation of your choosing
- Language - Sets the Joomla language translation for this event
- Status - indicates whether the Event is published or unpublished
- Created By - Sets the author of the event.
- Choose image - Adds a thumbnail/descriptive image to each Event.
- Layout - Chooses whether to create a static event listing (Fixed) or dynamically filled via tags (tags). Tags cheat sheet is included in the Tags link just below this setting.
- Description - The Event description, which allows full HTML and images if desired.
- Short Description - The Event's teaser description, which allows full HTML and images if desired, for use in modules and lists of events.
Downloadable files may be attached to Events. This is useful for printable venue maps, hold harmless agreements, or other files specific to an Event.
- Upload the file from your computer via the Choose button.
- The Display Name is the linked text on the Venue description that links to the download.
- Optional text description for the file.
Allows to manage sessions for this event.