Venue categories allow you to group venues into types or other identifying characteristics for a robust event calendar experience.
A single venue category is required for the most basic redEVENT setup.
The only required field in the Venue Category is the Category name itself.
- Alias - SEF URL slug, automatically generated by saving the Venue Category but a custom alias may be entered here.
- Status - indicates whether the Venue Category is published or unpublished
- Parent Category - Venue Categories may be nested using a Parent Category. The default is the root -- having no parent.
- Access - Sets the Joomla user group access level for the Venue Category
- Choose image - Adds a thumbnail/descriptive image to each Venue Category
- Language - Sets the Joomla language translation for this Venue Category
- Description - The Venue Category description, which allows full HTML and images if desired.