Keeping your redSHOP versions up to date helps eliminate bugs as the redTEAM fixes them, and also maintains the security of your redSHOP site.
In this article:
Update from redSHOP 1.5. to redSHOP 1.5.x
Updating redSHOP will enhance the features and the performance of the software. Note that the software update will only affect the code but not the contents of your site. The updating process will keep all your current site producs, categories and media. However we encourage you to always do a backup of your entire site before updating. You can create a backup of your website using your hosting control panel or by using the free known extension Akeeba Backup.
To install or update redSHOP go through the following steps:
- Download the latest version of redSHOP from http://redcomponent.com/redcomponent/redshop
- Go to your Joomla site and login into your Administrator
- Click on: Extensions -> Manage
- In "Upload Package File" choose the zip file that contains redSHOP 1.5 that you just downloaded to your computer
- Click Upload & Install button (the process can take several minutes, please wait until the browser redirects you to a success page)
Your redSHOP should be now updated and ready to operate.
Steps to update from Joomla 2.5 and redSHOP 220.127.116.11 to Joomla 3 and redSHOP 1.5
- Install redSHOP 1.5 on your joomla 2.5 (it will update redSHOP 18.104.22.168 to redSHOP 1.5)
- After it installs you will get to a screen that says: optimize tables, click on it.
- It will take you to a special screen that automatically will improve the performance of the database tables
- Once you finish that operation you can upgrade to Joomla 3 (see https://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_2.5_to_3.x_Step_by_Step_Migration )