Keeping your redITEM versions up to date helps eliminate bugs as the redTEAM fixes them, and also maintains the security of your redITEM site.
In this article:
Update from redITEM 2.5. to redITEM 2.5.x
Updating redITEM will enhance the features and the performance of the software. Note that the software update will only affect the code but not the contents of your site. The updating process will keep all your current site items, fields and templates. However we encourage you to always do a backup of your entire site before updating. You can create a backup of your website using your hosting control panel or by using the free known extension Akeeba Backup.
To install or update redITEM go through the following steps:
- Download the latest version of redITEM from http://redcomponent.com/redcomponent/reditem
- Go to your Joomla site and login into your Administrator
- Click on: Extensions -> Manage
- In "Upload Package File" choose the zip file that contains redITEM 2.5 that you just downloaded to your computer
- Click Upload & Install button (the process can take several minutes, please wait until the browser redirects you to a success page)
Your redITEM should be now updated and ready to operate.